It is fun to find recipes for vegetables that you don’t usually use or most people don’t enjoy eating and it actually tastes delicious. Now, my family has always enjoyed carrots, especially my younger sister. But this recipe is a real treat.
- 6 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins, whichever you prefer)
- 1 TBS. finely chopped onions
- 1 TBS. sunflower seeds
- 2-4 TBS. mayonnaise
- 1 TBS. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, pecans, cranberries, onions, and sunflower seeds. Combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Pour over the vegetables and stir well.
- If you prefer more dressing, increase the amount of mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.